Sensor Fusion Using Cameras and mmWave Radar
Key DocumentDownload “Smart Sensor Fusion Data Acquisition System Application Note”
"*" indicates required fields
Smart Sensor Fusion Data Acquistion System Using MIPI CSI-2 Cameras and the Texas Instruments TDA4x Platform
This portable and low-power data acquisition system can be used in the field to collect data from a wide variety of sensors such as: vision, infrared, time-of-flight, radar, and LiDAR. Data is recorded in raw format to the on-board SSD Drive in an intelligent manner, thanks to an AI-based object detection algorithm that generates labels at recording time and that implements a rule-based trigger mechanism to save disk storage space. The MIPI CSI-2 cameras allow them to output raw data directly from the image sensor with no need for conversion or compression, and without as much protocol overhead as an Ethernet or USB data link. The radar communication can be either USB or CAN-based. The ability to record data simultaneously from different sensors in a synchronous manner is another trait that makes this solution ideal for various sensor fusion edge AI applications.
- Multi-sensor data collection and recording
- Save data storage space with rule-based recording:
- Recordings are triggered by different detection modalities: Object class, motion from optical flow, or radar doppler
- Whole frames or objects of interest can be stored in RAW format, preserving the entire dynamic range of the scene
- Semi-automatic labeling and categorical storing of training data for use in artificial intelligence applications
- Industrial Automation
- Video Surveillance
- Machine Learning
- Machine Vision
- Precision Agriculture
Application Note (1)Download “Smart Sensor Fusion Data Acquisition System Application Note”
Quick Start Guide (1)
Tools & Software
Ready to Get Started On Your Solution?
Contact Our Design Services Team
Our design services include full-cycle embedded product development engagements, where you own the resulting IP. We work as part of your development team and follow our proven Define, Design, Deploy development methodology.